Audible is an audiobook subscription service that brings you stories that resonate with you. It has thousands of titles that you can listen to at any time, anywhere. Even better, students can get an Audible Student Discount along with a 30-day free trial, if they sign up using their student e-mail.
Audible has a variety of audiobooks belonging to different genres and this is mostly used by students for surfing through books that they need for their academics. Now that they can carry all of their audiobooks simultaneously through this service, Audible is a blessing.
If you are a student and you are looking to find a way to get an Audible Student discount, we have made this article for you. Here, we will be explaining everything that you need to know about Audible and its various offers for students.
Audible Student Discount: What is it?
You can listen to any audiobook that you have purchased from the company’s library, which contains more than 200,000 titles. Additionally, users can browse by author or genre, listen to books on demand, or download them to their devices automatically. Users can save their favorite audiobooks to their “My List” for quick access.
When you join Audible, you are given access to a 30-day Free trial. During this period, you get 1 credit that you can use to buy an audiobook for free. After this, you can go for a Student discount. The price for the Audible student discount starts at $9.95 per month and you can get access to all the content on Audible through the offer.
Being a student, Audible helps you get access to audiobooks related to your subjects at your university. This helps you carry only a few books because you carry digital copies of the other books through Audible. Moreover, you can get this offer for students, even if you are an existing user of the App.
Regarding the eligibility for the same, we can assure you that you can get this discount if you are a college or university student who has an e-mail address allotted to you by your institute. You must also be over 16 years old and must have the required documents to prove your eligibility. If you do not satisfy these criteria, we are sorry to say that you do not qualify for this offer.
Is Audible Student Discount available in 2023?
It can be pretty costly to enroll for an Audible subscription if you are a student. As a solution for this, Audible offers a student discount. And yes, we have checked and found that this offer is available in 2023. If you are an eligible student, the Audible student price is just $9.95 per month, after the end of the 30-day Free trial.
We have found that an Audible student membership will fetch you the following benefits:
- A 30% discount on the original membership cost.
- $10 Amazon credits that you can use for future purchases
- Provision to exchange any audiobooks for free.
- Cancellation of the plan anytime you want to.
- 1 audiobook and 2 Audible originals for free every month.
How to enroll for the Audible Student Membership?
You can enroll for the Audible student discount by first signing up for the Free trial. To do this, you can follow the steps we mentioned below on Windows, Mac, and your Android and iOS devices.
- Go to the Audible Website.
- Click on the ‘Start your free trial now’ option.
2. You will be directed to the Sign In page. Enter your Amazon e-mail ID and Password to Log in to your account. Note that the discount will be only if you use your Student e-mail to Log in. If you do not have an account, you can create an Amazon account using your University e-mail.
3. Enter your Payment details, your details, and the address of the place you live in, and click on the Start free trial option at the bottom.
4. Your 30-day free trial will be activated in your account. You can refresh the page to get started with listening to the audiobooks you want.
5. Go to your Profile section and go to the Membership details.
6. Under the ‘My membership’ section, click on the ‘Audible Student Discounts’ option.
7. Choose the plan you want to enroll in, from the choices given to you.
8. Log in to your UNiDAYS account or create one using your Student ID if required. Audible will verify your Student status through UNiDAYS
Hold out for an email confirmation. After that, to begin using your discounted student membership, visit the Audible website. You can also use the Audible Mobile App after you have enrolled for the Student membership.
Your student plan will be activated only after the free trial ends. Thereafter, you need to verify the student status monthly or yearly, depending on the plan chosen. If you fail to do so, Audible will charge you the normal plan amount, which is $14.95 per month. Note that this membership is valid for a maximum of 4 years as long as you are a student at the university.
1. Is Audible free with a Prime Student account?
No. Your membership to Amazon Prime or Amazon Student Prime does not include access to the Audible service. However, you do get 2 free Audible credits, which means you can buy 2 audiobooks for free using Prime Student.
2. How to get Audible for free?
There is no way to get Audible free other than through a non-membership account or through the 30-day free trial. If you have not enrolled for any subscription, you will have access to only the audiobooks that are available for free. However, through the free trial, you get 1 free credit for the month which can be used to access any one audiobook.
3. Are there any promo codes for Audible?
You can get Audible promo codes through legal websites and other sources, like Google Play, UNiDAYS, and Google Pay Rewards, by which you might get free membership and credits for up to 3 months.
The Audible Student Discount is a great way for students to save money on audiobooks and podcasts in the long run. This has a lot of advantages for students who earn a living. In general, students should use Audible to access podcasts and audiobooks. If you are a University student, with an official Student ID, you can enjoy these benefits too!
In the article above, we mentioned the benefits you’ll be getting through a Student membership and how you can get enrolled in one. You can try the method we’ve explained. In case you have doubts or if we have missed out on anything, feel free to contact us through the comments section!!